Barrow house

E185_S6-MR_009A.jpg

Title

Barrow house

Description

The house of Mrs. and Reverend Peter Barrow that once stood at 2417 E. 2nd Avenue in Spokane, Washington. It was originally built in 1892. Reverend Barrow was an early founder of Calvary Baptist Church and co-published a newspaper titled The Citizen.

Source

Eastern Washington University Archives and Special Collections, Brief History of Black Americans in Spokane County, 1878-1978, E185.S6-MR

Publisher

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Spokane Branch

Date

Undated

Contributor

Franklin, Joseph, 1936-

Rights

For questions regarding rights and the use of materials in publication, please contact Eastern Washington University Archives and Special Collections at archives@ewu.edu or (509) 359-2475

Type

Color photographs

Identifier

E185_S6-MR_009A

Citation

“Barrow house,” Spokane Public Library, accessed February 24, 2024, https://lange.spokanelibrary.org/items/show/5702.

Output Formats