Browse Items (106 total)

  • Collection: Spokane Public Library

Oversize_Box08_013.tif
Undated photograph of Spokane Public Library's main Carnegie Library on Cedar.

Oversize_Box14_012.tif
Exterior view of the Carnegie Library in Spokane.

Oversize_Box14_001.tif
First library Board when operating under state library law. Reading left to right: Mr. Ed O. Connor, attorney at Law; Rabbi David Levine, Rabbi; Professor James A. Tormey, Superintendent of City Schools; Rev. Jno. W. Allen, Pastor Dean Avenue…

Oversize_Box08_018.tif
Branch of Spokane Public Library on North Division. Location was Division on the corner Indiana ave according to the 1913 city directory.

Oversize_Box08_017.tif
North Monroe branch of Spokane Public Library before the Carnegie Building was built in 1914. This location was at North Monroe and Cleveland.

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Bookmobile_img001.tif
Children lined up in the snow for the bookmobile

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Bookmobile_img002.tif
Children lined up in the snow for the bookmobile

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Bookmobile_img005.tif
Women in front of the bookmobile

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Bookmobile_img006.tif
Lining up for the bookmobile in the snow

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Exterior Views_img001.tif
Car in the snow in front of the Carnegie Library in Spokane.

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Exterior Views_img003.tif
Undated photograph of the entrance to the Carnegie Library in Spokane

Spokane_Liibrary_Carnegie_Exterior006.tif
Spokane Mayor L. F. Boyd presided over ceremonies when the cornerstone was loaid for Spokane's new library at 10. South Cedar, September 12, 1904.

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Exterior Views_img009.tif
Undated photo of the Carnegie Library, 1920s?

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Exterior Views_img010.tif
"The building is not quite completed as evidenced by the work still being done on the front steps and the signs in the windows to indicate that the glass has just been installed. One can almost see into the building and it appears empty."

Spokane_Liibrary_Carnegie_Exterior011.tif
Exterior of the main Spokane Public Library building

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Exterior Views_img040.tif
"Construction workers take a breather on the site of Spokane's new library building, located at S. 10 Cedar. Funds for the construction, which began in 1904, were donated by library philanthropist Andrew Carnegie."

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img012.tif
George Fuller at his desk in the Carnegie Library

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img013.tif
Young man at work in a processing room at the library

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img016.tif
"Children's Room. Mrs. Thelma Back - Center front."

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img017.tif
"Taken in August 1911. Miss Ora L. Maxwell and Miss Rhea Buchanan. Miss Maxwell entered the employ of the library at this time." "Librarian's office with catalog office in foreground."

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img035.tif
"Reference Department. Miss Agnes Cappock, ca. March 1963."

Spokane_Libraries_SPL_Carnegie Library_Interior Views_img039.tif
"Fine Arts room of Reference Department, ca. March 1963."
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2